Saturday, March 21, 2015

Stumbling on the Internet

I was looking on thisiscolossal.com a few weeks back and from looking at many forms of art, I somehow stumbled upon the website of Becky and Joe. Becky and Joe do many animations; some are 2D and some are puppets.

I first started watching their short films because of the creepy, yet consequently mesmerizing "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" series. These animations look innocent and cute at first, with a Sesame St. and playhouse atmosphere, but the plots take a morbid and freaky turn later on. My favorite of the series is the first one, as it seems to kind of make fun of other shorts that teach children to be creative use their imagination. I just crack up at 00:58 every time for some reason.

The real reason I started talking about this website is because of one of their animations, "Tallest Heights" looks a lot like one we saw in class. It is 2D animation that is colorful, busy, and scratchy that plays along to a song created by a guy who goes by Delicate Steve. I do not remember the animation that we saw in class was called, but this looks very similar to what we saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment