Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spring Dance Concert

On Friday, February 20th, I attended the Spring Dance Concert. It was surprisingly really good. I had no idea that the dancers of UT had such talent. Santiago Echeverry's video dance was in the first performance: Theme and Variation...with a twist. This dance was really cool. It combined older and classic music and dance with a newer feel. The video playing in the back as well as the beat in the background of the music added the "twist" with modern technology and art. The video playing in the back was projected onto the dancers and you could see their gridded "reflection" on them.

The rest of the program was very good. I especially liked the one with the pointed-toe ballet dancers because I haven't seen a ballet in such a long time. I never really saw much of the artistic side of the University of Tampa, but I have to say that after I saw this program, I realized how talented of a school we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment