Saturday, March 14, 2015

FLIPITY BOOK

I hope George R. R. Martin does not get mad at me for decontextualizing one of his great works: A Feast For Crows (from the Game of Thrones series.) I love his books, but he can be a little bit murderous in his stories, as he kills off practically everyone. This flip book is a tribute to him.
  I decided to start off with the viewer traveling though space because it looks awesome and it shows a lot of movement. I needed to move the story along, so an abstract green blob hatched from his egg on some distant planet and decided to go on an adventure. He became a rocket and a fish, which our old friend George R. R. Martin, the sadist (as it points out in the end), decided to destroy. When I created this flip book, it was completely random and was the result of no planning, so I guess my mind and subconscious took over. I suppose they were saying that although you could feel free and make anything of yourself, you could die any minute; even more so if your life was in the hands of George R. R. Martin, the sadist. However, I still remain optimistic because alas, all men must die, so one should not always fret over this universal truth. Don't worry, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment