Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Velvet Underground

I had not heard of the band The Velvet Underground until Santiago told us about them, however, I have heard some of their songs before. I've heard of the songs "Sunday Morning," "Venus in Furs," and "Heroin." I think I either heard them on the radio or in a movie. I think this band is okay; I like their sound, but a lot of their songs sound the same because the lead singer, I'm assuming Lou Reed, does not have a lot of variation in his voice. They kind of sound like an average indie/ hippie band with their soft guitar, tambourine, and sometimes strange sounds. I am not really that fond of their other songs, but I do enjoy "Sunday Morning" because it is a nice calm song that I do think expresses the feeling of a care-free Sunday morning. It is a nice song to relax to.

No comments:

Post a Comment