Saturday, February 21, 2015

Pandora and Spotify

I use both Pandora and Spotify regularly and love and hate them both. I love the aspect of Pandora where I can choose one song or artist and the website creates an ongoing playlists similar songs. I really enjoy how I can stumble upon songs that I have never heard of before but like. I have even made playlists based on new artists that I have discovered from Pandora. It is amazing how the playlists can be even more fine tuned by me "thumbs-up/down-ing" the song.

I use pandora a lot when I want a very specific genre of music. For example, Pandora can create a playlist of just Disney songs or just songs from Les Miserables if I type in a playlist based on Tarzan or the famous musical. I can make it even more specific by typing in a certain performance. I have two Les Miserables playlists; one "Les Miserables (Original London Cast)" and another "Les Miserables (2010 Cast)." Both of these playlists give me music that is mostly from that album. I use Pandora a lot when I am painting or creating an artwork. I love to listen to film score when I paint, so I usually listen to score from How to Train Your Dragon or Lord of the Rings.

I do really love Pandora, but I really don't like how I cannot pick a specific song. In Spotify though, I can. In fact, I can skip around from song to song often. The downside of this is that I need to find a particular playlist that has these songs, but the good side is that you can see all the songs available and choose them. Spotify has many pre-made and good playlists that I like to listen to. I can also choose a playlist based on my mood. I listen to Spotify a lot when I go for runs. I really like the playlist "Songs to Sing in the Shower," which I listen to when I run. It is just a compilation of songs that make you happy and can sing along to.

No comments:

Post a Comment