Tuesday, February 10, 2015

How Disney Made Snow White

The video about how Walt Disney made Snow White was very enlightening. I had no idea, nor did I even think about how much work it takes to make an animated movie. I thought it was really cool how the artists used layers to change the scene and move it along and to keep the background scenery and still have characters moving around. This clip made me appreciate animations a lot more. The narrator mentions that there was more than 250,000 slides and it took over .5 million shots to get each scene flowing perfectly. I think everyone just did a splendid job on this movie and it makes me want to watch it again.

I do have to mention that I thought it was hilarious how the narrator was talking about the conditions that the pretty female painters and tracers were working in (comfortable, air conditioned, etc.). I thought that was an unnecessary detail that sounded like one of those farmers that talks about the treatment he gives his livestock! That segment was probably not thought of as rude and sexist at the time, but he just seemed to be looking down on women's jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment