Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Video Art

For my video art piece, I experimented with many different forms of video and music editing programs. I was inspired by David Hall's piece "This is a TV Receiver" where he recorded a recording of a recording of a... etc.

In my video art, I experimented with layering and I layered a video with a layered video with a layered video... etc. Ultimately the video got a little distorted because with the app I used (Ghost Lens), each video got faded a little, so the final product looked very faded.

Some interesting things to note are the sounds that people make. You can hear that the people repeat themselves more when I added more layers to the film. I also created a calm-sounding track (with Garageband) in the background to make the video have continuity, but not have the music be in the way of the video.

Here is the link

No comments:

Post a Comment